Room 6

Room 6
soaking up the HB sunshine

Friday, October 5, 2012

Mathletics Here - Oscar

Oscar @ Lake Rotoiti
 
We had a great time at Lake Rotoiti. We spent 3 days there and it was awesome!! We soon discovered a cliff with a huge hole in it, covered with creepers.  Through that, was a secret beach with a jetty (that's where we got some pictures). The water was sort of cold but manageable (Mum wanted me to put my head under for a picture but it was a bit too cold for THAT). On the last day, Lockie, Dad, Bruno and I, went kayaking. We paddled round the shore to get to another beach (on an island) were you could dig a hole and find hot/warm water. We had forgotten to bring a spade so we used our oars. When we paddled back to our batch the water was very shallow and we had to get out and push the kayaks along.
On the way home we stopped at the Red Wood forest park for orienteering.  It was very hard because the controls were tiny and hidden VERY well.  I could only find the first checkpoint, and after a vain attempt to find the 2nd checkpoint point I decided to walk back and admit defeat.
Dad said the second one was on the side of a Bridge at ground level!! We weren’t timed either so I couldn’t see how long I “got lost” for.  (At least I have a 2-point advantage for next time.)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment